Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Off to the hospital...

After 39 weeks of expectation, our little girl decided to enter the world yesterday, August 2, 2010. Here is the story of how it happened. Kelly visited Dr. Oster on Monday for her routine 39 week check up. All was normal, and she even visited one of her friends, Shannon Manke, who went into labor earlier that day. Perhaps hanging out in the maternity ward gave her some subconscious ideas? We ate together at Diego Zhang's for lunch with Bev, and at 1:30pm I got the call from Kelly. "Honey, I think we're going to have a baby today." I packed up my books and computer and jetted home.


After frantically packing up for the hospital (well, I was frantic, Kelly was calm), we headed off to Sky Ridge. Dr. Oster had us go to her clinic first. Since her contractions were only 4 minutes apart, I thought this was ludicrous. But we complied and were soon back where Kelly had visited only hours earlier...

Sure enough...4cms and ready to go. Dr. Oster confessed that she thought that during her morning check up she had slightly punctured her water bag. Kelly said, "I think you're right!" Well, a little help along the way doesn't hurt...

Getting changed for the big day.

Here is Dorothy, our first nurse, getting us checked in. I'm not gonna lie. She was a odd duck. But we got admitted nonetheless. Here we go!

No comments: